Goals from Middle School Is Not A Building
Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
1. All middle level learners participate in challenging, integrated, real world, standards based curriculum that promotes conceptual understanding, 21st-century skill development, and knowledge acquisition.
2. Instruction is engaging, personalized, and differentiated to meet individual student learning needs.
3. Student learning is measured by appropriate assessments, resulting in continual learning and high achievement.
School Organization and Community
4. Organizational structures and a school culture of high expectations enable all middle level students and educators to succeed.
5. Relationships for learning create a climate of intellectual development and a caring community that includes having an adult advocate for each student.
6. Ongoing family and community partnerships provide a supportive and enriched learning environment for each middle level student.
7. A supportive, safe, and healthy learning environment advances learning and promotes overall student and educator well being.
8. A democratic system of continual collaboration by all stakeholders allows for authentic student voice and a shared vision to guide decisions.