ISTE Standards-T 1. Facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity Teachers use their knowledge of subject matter, teaching and learning, and technology to facilitate experiences that advance student learning, creativity, and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual environments.
- a. Promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness
- b. Engage students in exploring real-world issues and solving authentic problems using digital tools and resources
- c. Promote student reflection using collaborative tools to reveal and clarify students’ conceptual understanding and thinking, planning, and creative processes
- d. Model collaborative knowledge construction by engaging in learning with students, colleagues, and others in face-to-face and virtual environments
ISTE Standards-T 2. Design and develop digital age learning experiences and assessments Teachers design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in the Standards•S.
- a. Design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity
- b. Develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable all students to pursue their individual curiosities and become active participants in setting their own educational goals, managing their own learning, and assessing their own progress
- c. Customize and personalize learning activities to address students’ diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources
- d. Provide students with multiple and varied formative and summative assessments aligned with content and technology standards, and use resulting data to inform learning and teaching
ISTE Standards-T 3. Model digital age work and learning Teachers exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society.
- a. Demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations
- b. Collaborate with students, peers, parents, and community members using digital tools and resources to support student success and innovation
- c. Communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital age media and formats
- d. Model and facilitate effective use of current and emerging digital tools to locate, analyze, evaluate, and use information resources to support research and learning
ISTE Standards-T 4. Promote and model digital citizenship and responsibility Teachers understand local and global societal issues and responsibilities in an evolving digital culture and exhibit legal and ethical behavior in their professional practices.
- a. Advocate, model, and teach safe, legal, and ethical use of digital information and technology, including respect for copyright, intellectual property, and the appropriate documentation of sources
- b. Address the diverse needs of all learners by using learner-centered strategies providing equitable access to appropriate digital tools and resources
- c. Promote and model digital etiquette and responsible social interactions related to the use of technology and information
- d. Develop and model cultural understanding and global awareness by engaging with colleagues and students of other cultures using digital age communication and collaboration tools